As more people have become informed about the consequences of various human-made materials and its harmful effects on the environment, people have begun to choose to build and live in green homes. Sustainable homes or a green home is a house or a more eco-friendly and sustainable building. These homes are constructed consciously, keeping in mind various factors about the construction and contribution towards nature.
While there are several benefits such a home has by minimalizing power consumption and promoting a more sustainable living style, there are also monetary benefits attached to the construction of such homes for the construction companies and the house buyer.
A sustainable home is built by keeping in mind factors like insulating a home, installing energy and water-efficient products, utilizing eco-friendly materials, recycling non-biodegradable products, etc.
By understanding that our decisions can impact the environment around us, we will develop a sense of responsibility towards it. Adapting a conscious way of living by keeping in mind how a small step can help the environment on an individual level can give one a sense of contentment.
The following are some approaches on how you can incorporate a sustainable way of living.
1. Smaller House: Living in a small house is smarter because of the decrease in energy consumption and the reduced cost of looking after a smaller place.
2. Reusing and Recycling: The three simple words we learned in school were Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. Reducing the use of products that can harm the environment and switching to purchasing products that can be reused is a part of conscious living.
3. Water Harvesting: Rainwater harvesting is the best way of accumulating rainwater during the rainy season; this water then can be used for several reasons, from bathing to washing utensils and even gardening.
4. Energy-Proficient Appliances: Using energy-proficient appliances like street LED bulbs, solar panels, hot water solar system etc., will help reduce energy consumption and be more cost-efficient. Adequate ventilation can increase the amount of cool natural air-flow within such homes.
5. Growing plants on the roof: Growing plants on roofs will help the plants absorb moisture and help the house remain cool, especially during summers. Growing vegetables and small fruit plants will help you make the best out of the space on your roof and have some fresh eatables grown home itself.
An organization like The Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) provides many different services to build a green building in India. The IGBC also offers a wide range of rating systems for various projects, from factory buildings, school buildings to villages and cities. There are several green home buildings and villas in places like Goa, Mumbai, villas in Sarjapur in Bangalore, etc. Most importantly, the return on investment in the case of a green home is much more. In this way, you will be saving on costs in several areas and contributing to the environment.
Tarun is a passionate follower of trending political updated and worldwide news on health and sports. Whether the international trading between the countries or a new treaty he is the go-to person. He drives his motivation from the fast-paced political advancements. He ensures that the right news reaches niche audiences.